Tuesday 17 January 2012

New route

Thought I'd try out a new route last weekend for my 2nd 6 mile run, starting from my house in Heeley hitting the ring road and then out down Ecclesall Road past Hunters Bar Roundabout (this bringing back memories of the 6 mile point in last years Sheffield Half Marathon and the associated pain...) What I didn't realise however was how steeply the road climbed after Hunters Bar, just never seems that steep in a car...

I did have to walk a way up that part of the route but by the time I hit Carter Knowle Road theres a massive downhill to make up some time.  All in all I got round in 62 min, not too bad considering it was -3 on Sunday and I think the fluid in my joints froze after about 20.

1 comment:

  1. It was freezing on Sunday! Well done you! I know what you mean about hills on foot... what looks like a bit of a rise in the car is Mount Everest at mile 5!

    ReplyDelete