Monday 20 August 2012

The past few weeks...

... The past few weeks seem to have flown by.

Its now just 9 weeks to the Marathon!

 After hurting my knee and walking like a pirate for a few days I laid off the training for a week or so, gradually starting back up with a 4 mile jog then a 10 mile run the weekend before last.  By this weekend just gone it was feeling much better so I decided to try another 16 mile run in Sheffield.  Its really started to hurt again but not as bad as it did before, I think this time, as I felt it coming on I started to walk and stretch it out, this worked quite well and every few miles I'd walk for a couple of hundred meters and stretch it out, still needed to ice it when I got home though, I think this is definitely one for the physio.

In light of this I think I'm not quite recovering from my longer runs over the period of a week so I'm altering my training plan to only do one really long run per fornight, I'll alternate that with maybe 9/10 miles on the other Sundays as thats quite an easy distance now.
It is annoying though, now that I've finally reached the state of fitness that I dont feel out of breath and my muscles dont really ache my crumbly joints start letting me down, theres not much you can do, I don't think, to improve them...

Anyway my big shocker of the week is that I've bought a bum bag, an actual BUM BAG or fanny pack if you like, never thought I'd ever go into a shop with the sole intention of buying one of those, but seriously where else can I put my brick of a phone and my wine gums?

No comments:

Post a Comment