Sunday 16 September 2012

5 weeks!

Actually starting to get a bit scared now.  Had to do a shorter run this morning because I had to work, on a Sunday, seriously!
Finally though I have been reunited with my ipod and bum bag (never thought I'd miss it so much).  I think I've done permanant damage to my phone shoving it down my bra and using it to listen to the radio while I was ipodless - 4 hours down a sports bra doesn't really do well for my crappy old nokia!

So it really isn't long now until the marathon and as I was running it dawned on me that I only have 3 long runs left as you're supposed to do your last long run 2 weeks before the race and taper down to about 5 a few days before it.
So thats an 18 mile next weekend, then 2 x 20 mile runs then taper time, then off to the airport!

I'm up to 52% of my target for sponsorship, people who I don't even know have been sponsoring me which is just so lovely.

I'll be going to the BDMLR confrence soon which I'm really looking forward to, its at the Hancock Museum in Newcastle on October the 6th, hopefully Paul will come too and we will get to meet some of the brilliant volunteer Marine Mammal Medics, there are also some great speakers lined up including people from the Whale and Dolphin Conservation Society and the Born Free Foundation.
Hopefully I might be able to sell some of my prints!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment