Sunday 7 October 2012

Knee fail

First of all I got this through the post yesterday...

WHAT HAVE I DONE!!!

Anyway, I didn't go out for a run at all today, last weeks 20 miler totally broke my knee and its still feeling very sore, under the guidence (expert) of Dr Paul I am not to run until I have my special strap (patella thingmy that makes my kneecap stay where its supposed to be)

To demonstrate how bloody much I want to do this I am having a steroid injection in my knee so that I can run, anyone who knows me knows that I detest the needle, in fact I faint every time and have not had a vaccination since I was 12.  I have in the past tried to run away when faced with the prospect of an injection and it is because of this that I haven't been to the dentist in 13 years...

BUT this one I am going for of my own free will, its actually my decision, and to top it off I'm paying one hundred and thirty boody quid for it. So there, you will not only be sponsoring me (not a runner) to run a marathonbut also me to sit through something that makes my brain literally switch off.
If thats not worth a fiver I don't know what is

2 weeks aaaagggghhhhh

ps. I also have to give up drinking, and I love drinking

No comments:

Post a Comment