Friday 12 October 2012

'roids

I've just been to the clinic for the steroid injection in my knee.  I hate needles and almost always faint or get very woozy and always have to take Paul with me to distract me.
I am putting it up there as one of the most unpleasant feelings ever.  I am a massive woosy wimp with needles but I do have quite a high pain threshold but this was just horrid.
You sort of half sit/ half lay while he paints on iodine, then you get the pre injection (I was not informed about this!) to numb the are (which it doesn't so it must just be for fun) then the big one, I couldn't look...
I'd already made some wimpy squeels at the feeling of the local anasthetic but this next one (and after he said I wouldn't feel it) I had a very bad reaction to.
I have never sworn so much in less that a minute, even after it had finished it felt so odd (and still does a bit)
I'm laid there all woozy shouting "is it supposed to feel so f!"£$**g wierd, why does it feel so f*%&*!g wierd"
I feel a little ashamed, he was a perfectly nice man just doing his job.  Anyway it did feel wierd like my kneecap had slipped off to the left, like there wasn't enough space for that stuff in there and that as a result it had displaced something vital, wierd pressure, not pain just very wierd discomfort.
So after sitting and waiting (and apologising) for 20 minutes I calmed down regained composure and left.... and now the anasthetic has worked and I can't feel my knee.

This had better be worth it

2 comments:

  1. Shelley, all of us at BDMLR really appreciate your hard work. Wishing you all the best for Sunday - we'll be watching out for bib 8817! Many, many thanks. Stephen BDMLR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stephen (I'll need it), I am strangely looking forward to it, I'll be wearing my vest with pride!

      Delete